How To Clean Your Hot Tub
Spring, Summer and Fall are great times to drain and thoroughly clean your hot tub. We suggest using the Ahh-Some Hot Tub Plumbing Cleaner prior to each drain and fill. Doing the Ahh-Some treatment will help provide you with clearer and healthier water without all the fuss.
Don’t forget to check the cover, chemicals, test strips and filter(s) to make sure everything is fresh and in great working order as well.
Here is a quick and simple checklist for you to follow to make sure your hot tub is ready for your next soak sessions. If you have any questions remember your Nordic dealer is ready to assist.
- Remember to remove filters, thermometers, etc. before starting. Then, read the instructions of your specific purging chemical.
- Next, add the required amount of Ahh-Some Plumbing Cleaner or substitute purger to your filled hot tub. Open air intakes and run the pump(s) on high for 30 minutes. Foaming is normal.
- Shut the hot tub power off at your breaker box. You don’t want your pump to kick on when there is no water in the tub. Drain the water from the tub using the drain petcock or using a submersible pump to speed up the emptying process.
- Rinse and wipe the entire inside of the tub with a suitable hot tub/pool cleaning product. Your Nordic dealer can advise you on what to use. Never use anything that will scratch the surface of the shell.
- It may be necessary to replace your filter(s). Your Nordic dealer will also be able to assist you with a replacement.
- Clean and condition your hot t ub cover with a cover cleaner/protectant or a marine vinyl cleaner and a UV protectant. There are numerous products you can use to perform this step. Ask your Nordic dealer if you need additional assistance.
- Rinse off the PermaWood cabinet and clean with a soft cloth. If you have a Natural Cedar cabinet, check to see if it needs some attention.
- Check the expiration dates on your chemicals and test strips. They all have a shelf life that must be kept in check for best results and easier chemical water maintenance.
- Refill the hot tub adding the water into the filter canister area, put filter(s) back in place, turn the power back on and be sure to balance your water. Your Nordic dealer can advise you on all water maintenance issues. We recommend that your sanitizer of choice is chlorine, specifically Di-Chlor granules.
Remember! The Best Maintenance for your Nordic Hot Tub is routine hot tub care and balanced water chemistry. We hope you thoroughly enjoy your Nordic Hot Tub.