Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition of overall pain and may make it difficult to work or to perform your normal activities.Symptoms for this condition vary and the underlying causes are not yet well understood.
Most people with fibromyalgia report symptoms which may include:
- Pain and Stiffness
- Poor Circulation
- Digestive Troubles
- Irritable Bowel / Bladder
- Have pain in specific places of your body, but no swelling or bruising?
- Forget things, lose things or have so much mental confusion you wonder if it may be the early onset of Alzheimer's disease?
- Have trouble sleeping three or more nights a week? Do you wake up feeling more tired than when you went to bed?
- Experience a lot of pain? If you rate your pain on a scale of 1-10 (10 being severe), is it often 6 or higher?
- Suffer from restricted lifestyle or activity level because you feel achy and tired?
- Feel depressed because you can't figure out what is wrong?
Research is continuing and some studies are finding a link between stress and fibromyalgia. Click here to read the study done by Anindya Gupta and Alan J Silman.
Regardless of the causes of your aches and pains, a soak session in a Nordic Hot Tub will help reduce stress and relieve pain!
Health Benefits is a series of blog posts to provide Nordic Hot Tub Owners with information about how their Nordic Hot Tub can benefit their health. This is not intended to be a comprehensive health guide nor can it be regarded in any way as health advice or a diagnosis. If you have health questions, contact your physician or a trained health professional.